Tuesday, May 29, 2012

GOTR - Process Writing


      The piece is only about half done at this point. I have a meeting with a coordinator for GOTR set for Thursday morning. I am having difficulty deciding whether to insert myself - as I was obviously at the race last Thursday, hence my descriptions. I also wonder whether or not to include the race atmosphere at all? Should I focus just on Jordan, should I wait to see what I might incorporate when I meet with the GOTR coordinator? 
     On a lighter note, this piece has been really awesome to get into. The race was so fantastic - I think that it why I want to incorporate it. I guess on that note, I took lots of pictures of the race and also got a whole other bit on why Jordan chose to become involved in GOTR, and was thinking of using that piece of audio for my slideshow. If I am omitting Jordan's words from the piece, should I also omit the race description because I have pictures that will "describe" it?
     In workshop I hope you will help me decide where to place the spotlight for this piece. Should it be on the overall program, the race, Jordan, or a combination of all three?

No comments:

Post a Comment